Box Office Staff
We are looking for people who excel at customer service and multi-tasking. Must also be detail oriented, patient and willing to work in a small office with two or more staff at at time. Responsibilities include answering phones, taking reservations, processing subscription and gift certificates, providing information to our guests and filing.
Must be available weekends and one or two or evening shifts during the week. Excellent customer service and organizational skills are a must!
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to Lori Schwartz at LLSchwartz@tobysdinnertheatre.org. No phone calls please.
Toby’s Dinner Theatre is seeking a motivated, energetic and reliable part- time Floor Manager to join our team. As the Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the operations of the restaurant portion of the business, ensuring excellent customer service, the execution of all policies, procedures, programs, and systems in a fun and upbeat team atmosphere while managing our team to deliver a high-quality experience for our guests. Our ideal part-time Floor Manager is a hardworking collaborator, flexible, detail oriented and capable of leading and motivating a team in a unique environment. Position is primarily evening and Sunday shifts, ranging from 20-30 hours weekly and is a perfect opportunity for someone wanting to gain restaurant management experience on a part-time basis. This position will report to the General Manager.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Review daily reservations/seating chart and assign waiter sections.
- Manage servers, host/hostesses, bartenders, and bussers
- Prepare for readiness to open and ensure smooth operations
- Collaborate with the box office/group sales as needed for last minute changes.
- Monitor side work, floor, and machine functionality
- Greet and assist customers
- Work the floor and the shift while balancing the needs of guests and employees
- Resolve service issues promptly
- Complete reconciliations and manage financial transactions
- Collaborate with the team for efficient operations
- Provide support to colleagues as needed
- Additional duties as necessary
Qualifications of a Restaurant Manager
- Previous experience in hospitality management or a related field is preferred.
- Hardworking, attentive, and customer service-oriented with a desire to excel and maintain the highest level of service
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great problem solving and organizational skills with a clear attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Stand or walk for long periods of time and lift up to 25 lbs
Please submit a resume and cover letter, including availability to start via email to the Operations Manager (Lori Lentner Schwartz) at LLSchwartz@tobysdinnertheatre.com. For best consideration, please submit by Monday, March 4, 2024. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Resident Costume Designer/Wardrobe Coordinator
Our Resident Costume Designer/Wardrobe Coordinator position would require hours at both the Toby’s Costume Warehouse and at Toby’s Dinner Theatre (both located in Columbia, Md.) and also provides the ability to work from home. The hours are self-paced and flexible for the ideal candidate as long as deadlines are met. This position is perfect for someone looking for part time work (20-30 hours per week) to begin with, until the position grows to a potential full- time position with the realization of our expanded business plan.
Position would start as soon as possible with a remount/refurbishment of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast followed by pre-production work for Jersey Boys.
- Design, remount, coordinate wardrobe packages for Toby’s productions
- Maintain Wardrobe budgets
- Lead our Wardrobe/ Hair team
- Oversee maintenance of current productions
- Coordinate load in and load out of each production
- Be available for longer hours during the tech week of each production
- Ability to build, stitch, machine sew wardrobe pieces and accessories
- Assist with costuming/coordination of 3 youth theatre productions each season which is typically remounts with small casts
- Ability to work independently and follow thru on timelines and deadlines
- Ability to accept constructive feedback with a forward mindset toward tight tech week timelines
- Comfortable climbing step ladders, lifting up to 20 pounds
- A good sense of humor and love of the performing arts
Please send resume and interest to MMinnick@tobysdinnertheatre.com